How you would feel? adult content

My husband is the best sex partner I have had, but he seems to have confidence issues. He has made comments like 'yeah, right' and has told me that someone has actually stated in the past that he was lacking.
This man truly knows what he is doing and I try to let him know that.
My problem?
He never says anything about me. He doesn't say what he likes, he doesn't say what he finds sexy about me, he doesn't say anything!
I have told him my feelings on this and he said "OK", but nothing has changed.
It does bother me that maybe there is something he'd like me to do , but won't say or maybe some way I could do something.
I don't know of any other way to bring up the subject with him.
Would this bother you? Is there anything else I can do? I've thought of us watching porn together to see what he might like, but I have never seen porn before. What do you think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:05 AM on Oct. 8, 2012 in Relationships

• I can't help but, feel like there's missing info here. How does he treat you outside of the bedroom?
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 10:13 AM on Oct. 8, 2012

• He treats me well. He does chores around the house, he gives me a hug and kiss goodbye and hello when he comes home. I have asked him for more affection outside the bedroom, and he does do this, but sporadically. But he does cuddle with me at night and in the morning for a few minutes after the alarm goes off even when we haven't had sex.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:19 AM on Oct. 8, 2012

• And, he's given no other signs of disinterest? No other times when he hasn't really valued or been concerned with your opinions?

Then maybe it is confidence or even a medical thing.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 10:21 AM on Oct. 8, 2012

• Maybe he's depressed.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:25 AM on Oct. 8, 2012

• maybe he doesn't really feel comfortable with stating what he wants...I know I'm not
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 10:29 AM on Oct. 8, 2012

• I honestly wouldn't be worried about this. This goes toward his sexual confidence, or lack of it. He doesn't feel confident enough to know what he wants!

You might try reading erotica instead to get some ideas, rather than porn which is all about gymnastics rather than connections. But don't be surprised if when you try something different you get no response.

Answer by gdiamante at 10:35 AM on Oct. 8, 2012

• I don't understand the problem... You're happy with him, he's happy with you...dont insert a problem where their isn't one. Men just don't talk about stuff like we do. If they're content, they domt bring it up. The fact that he cuddles, hugs, and kisses you regulary, plus you two have a healthy sex life, tells me he's content. Maybe he just doesn't need to spice things up; maybe he likes what you give him already. Are YOU dissatisfied with the sex?
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 11:50 AM on Oct. 8, 2012

• I am like this. If he is not complaining you are bad in bed (sexually). Nothing is wrong then.  You said he is good in bed, to you right?

Answer by louise2 at 12:13 PM on Oct. 8, 2012

• I really don't see a problem. You both seem happy about your sex life.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 12:17 PM on Oct. 8, 2012

• He sounds like he is all around pretty good to you. Just not that demonstrative by nature. I think you'll have to get used to that. Some people are just that way. It doesn't mean they don't love you. Just their nature.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 6:36 PM on Oct. 8, 2012