Ok, So I am 16 weeks preg & was walking my dog yesterday morning & I fell. I fell pretty hard & have scratches, but now I am worried about the baby. Does anyone know if at 16 weeks I could lose the baby because of this? Im going to call my dr & see if he can see me so we can ck the babys heartbeat, but thats not for a few hrs. I havent bled or anything, just today my stomache is feeling a little sore.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:31 AM on Feb. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Its always better to be safe then sorry. I fell and was spotting but everything was fine.. Good Luck!
    BallardMomma

Answer by BallardMomma at 8:34 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• Yes I would def. call the doctor. I bet everything is okay, but better be safe then sorry. Hope your feeling better!
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 8:36 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• first off all: smart you, going to the doctor afap.

your baby is probably alright, but its better to be safe than sorry.

you do not need to bleed when you lose your baby. ive had a miscarriage when i was 4 1/2 months along and didnt have any signs of it at all :(

so yeah. no matter what happens, always let your doctor check on the baby and you.

good luck
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 8:39 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• It's possible but the odds are in your favor. Most often these little falls turn out to be just fine. It's the big scary ones, like tumbling down the stairs, that are the most harmful. It's definitely smartest to get checked out no matter what. Think positively and don't let yourself stress too much until you know something. Stress is hard on your baby too and if s/he is just happily floating around in there then s/he doesn't need the stress :)
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:51 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• Go on and go for peace of mind, I fell when I was pregnant and they said it would have to be a terrible terrible fall for anything to happen to the baby. Good luck.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 9:23 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• Miscarriages are usually caused by a chromosomal defect not a fall or stress. In fact it's been medically proven that stress does not cause miscarriages. But it won't hurt to go to the doctor to give you peace of mind.
    julieh0906

Answer by julieh0906 at 9:23 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• i would just to be sure , but i fell at about 23 weeks , i cried lol . it hurt and i was scared , but my son is perfectly fine !.
    colbysmommie95

Answer by colbysmommie95 at 9:43 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• REST today and drink alot of water the amniotic sack protects the baby really well glad your being safe and calling dr. they can check on little junior
    goatmom4

Answer by goatmom4 at 9:48 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• Good job going straight to your dr. most likely what he will tell you is that between you, your uterus, and the amniotic fluid your baby has the best airbag system in the world! They are pretty darn snug and safe in there. Good luck!
    hannahjoy17

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 1:27 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• the one thing about this being anonymous is we can't check on the mom !!
    goatmom4

Answer by goatmom4 at 2:46 PM on Feb. 10, 2009