Forgot to take birth control!!

I forgot to take my birth control. I hadnt taken it since last saturday and should have ovulated wed. Well we had sex twice that night. There is a very high chance im pregnant right? My husband really wants it. do blood tests work earlier?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:58 PM on Oct. 8, 2012 in Pregnancy

• Your chance of being pregnant is higher because you had unprotected sex on a day you expected to be fertile, but that doesn't mean you ARE pregnant. Even without birth control, even having unprotected sex on ovulation day doesn't guarantee pregnancy...there are still many factors that can cause a sperm to fail in fertalizing your egg.
    It's not worth stressing over. I know it's tough waiting, but you should wait until you expect your period to start and then take a home pregnancy test--that is when the test will be most accurate.
    Until then, cut out alcohol, tobacco and drugs, eat well, take a daily vitamin, and good luck to you!
    Ludvik_Smith

Answer by Ludvik_Smith at 2:03 PM on Oct. 8, 2012

• Be safe until you're sure....... I wouldn't rush into a blood test. Quit freaking out & take a test if you miss your next period.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 1:04 PM on Oct. 8, 2012

• If your period doesn't come, test and see. Did you forget to take the birth control or you took yourself off it?
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 2:17 PM on Oct. 8, 2012

• You'll have to just wait & see if you get your period or not.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 1:45 PM on Oct. 8, 2012

• I totally forgot! It slipped my mind I thought i had been taking them and looked and had four pills there. If it happens it happens its meant to be. Im not freaking out just wondered thats all
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:47 PM on Oct. 8, 2012

• To be honest no one on birth control pills just "forgets to take them" 1 is understandable to forget but no one "forgets" 4 unless they are intentionally trying.
    CEWarsop

Answer by CEWarsop at 2:47 AM on Oct. 11, 2012

• CEWarsop Really?? Thats awesome im so glad you know everything!!!! I had no idea i was intentionally trying to forget! seeing that i work two full time jobs might be how i forgot!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:40 PM on Oct. 11, 2012