wife going on strike??

ok i love my dh but when it comes to helping with the house and kids when hes home on the weekends he dosent. he "tries" but not really. i cook and clean and after i do all the dishes he will throw a fork in. or a cup. he will use a new towel everytime he showers ( ohh i didnt know which one was mine" ) throws his clothes on the floor not in basket. " thoes are dirty?" our 3 year old needs to be changed he will wait for me to get up and then go i was about to do that. i have to make lunch for the kids or they'll starve. hen will ask weres mine. if i dont make dinner for one night he ends up starving cause his arms are broken and cant make something himself. i might go on strike just to show him what its like around here. he gets to punch out..i dont. i dont get a day off i dont get a lunch break. and i get no help even when im really sick when hes sick hes in bed sleeping what would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:34 AM on Feb. 9, 2009 in Relationships

• going no strike sounds good to me maybe ill try it
    emtmommyamanda

Answer by emtmommyamanda at 8:41 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• I tried that for a couple of days. My dd was taken care of but the house was horrible. It just ended up making it harder for me to clean. Sit him down and talk to him about it. Tell him how you feel about it, and what he could do to help you out that would make you feel better. That is what worked for me. GL.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 8:43 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• DO IT! I have and it works short term for my DH, then after about 6 months I have to threaten it again then actually do it about every 18 months. Good Luck.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 8:44 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• This sounds like a great idea.......IF you can deal with the stuff that is NOT going to get done. Think about the HUGE mess your going to have to deal with. Think long and hard. Can you actually just not do anything? I tried this...........It took me two weeks to clean my house up. I hope it works for you. You may just have to sit down with your husband and tell him how it is. Put a laundry basket where he drops his clothes. Start using paper plates. Ask him to change your son. Tell him that you need his help.
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 8:44 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• i have talked to him before and i think he haers me then im on my own again. i have also said if i wanted to be a single parent i would be one. cause its like that even when hes here. i clean up after everyone i cook for everyone i do it all. i am even the one who deals with his x wife and i have said i didnt marry her and i didnt knock her up why me. i am tired of being the only one. hes worse then the kids. and all together we have 4. youngest is 3. oldset 11. im not asking for help mon thrue fri. just on the weekends hes home.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:53 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• I have done and tried all the answers above but none works for me going on strike made it worse. Talking to him makes you feel low because if he's that negotiator type he will just find a way to make you feel like that's your job and why are you complaining. Just as long as your a stay home mom if you are, that is who you are to them and because they go out and work hard for the family they believe they don't have to lift a finger at home. So there is no answer. I say go and get yourself a job outside and he will have to HELP.If not leave him for a week with your kids and take a vacation with his money and without him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:58 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• I would go on strike as far as he is concerned. Don't do his laundry or dishes. I would tell him if he wants to be that disrespectful you insist he buy you a dishwasher!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:22 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• My DH works 50-60 hrs. a week, plus is a full time student. The sacrifices we are making now, it'll all be worth it someday. I get to stay home with my kiddo and even though I have all of the responsibility of the house, i also get all of the good stuff too. It's my "job" to keep the house up, dinner made, the kids taken care of. He is doing alot for us and I can only return the favor. I do it out of love, not because it is required of me. I think if you decide to be a SAHM, I think you automatically get the rest of the package. JMO, but if I were you, talk to your Dh and tell him how overwhelmed you are feeling. LIke with a child, work on one small thing at a time, picking his clothes up, for instance. That drives me crazy too, lol. Promise him a little "reward" if his clothes make it to the hamper 7 days in a row!! Provide some motivation, lol!
    Anonymous