AWOL.....

SO....my sister is officially AWOL. Soon, the Maryland National Guard will be on their way to Alabama to track her down. What kind of punishment is she looking at? I think this is great, she's going to find out the hard way that running away from your responsibilities is stupid and immature. :)

josiesmommy00

Asked by josiesmommy00 at 2:17 PM on Oct. 8, 2012 in Military

• Depends on how severe the AWOL is. If you are late to work by even 5 mins, you are considered AWOL, but you won't see jail time for that.

Now what you are talking about....Article 15, possible Levenworth (sp?)....oh yeah, she's in a LOT of trouble. It also depends on if she's TRYING to hide from them, as well, and how long she's been gone. The longer she's gone, the more severe the punishment will be.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 6:35 PM on Oct. 9, 2012

• They will not track her down. They will wait until she messes up (gets pulled over for speeding, running a red light, etc). Once the police run her license, it will come up as AWOL. She will be arrested and booked into the county jail where she is at. The National Guard may discharge her at this point or they may pick her up and officially charge her with AWOL and let a military judge decide her fate. This could be a dishonorable discharge and/or jail time. 

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 3:42 PM on Oct. 8, 2012

• idk, but I hear it can be bad. Certainly something to avoid.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 2:18 PM on Oct. 8, 2012

• Pretty much if/when she gets caught she will get to go through the court martial process and go to jail & obviously discharged. AWOL is pretty severe so it is going to be painful.
    cat1622

Answer by cat1622 at 1:03 PM on Oct. 14, 2012

• i was reading that nothing will happen to national guard unless they have completed basics and have been to pt, she has...so i kinda hope she gets her ass busted
    josiesmommy00

Comment by josiesmommy00 (original poster) at 2:24 PM on Oct. 8, 2012

• I had a roommate that went AWOL. I was told that the Army would do absolutely nothing to find her, and that after 30 or 90 days she'd be off the "hook" anyway. Your sister will most likely be dishonorably discharged, and AWOL will be the reason for discharge.

It could be different because I was in Germany and she when home on "emergency leave" and never came back.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 3:00 PM on Oct. 8, 2012

• jeremysmom- her commanding officer contaced me today asking if i knew where she was and they plan on moving forward with coming to get her. she was given several opportunities to turn in the proper paperwork and what not to get transferred to alabama, she has failed to do so....i hope thye come get her ass.

meeoma-oh gah, i can't stand her. she left her child numorous times since he was born (he's almost 13) i have helped my mother raise this boy since i was 16, mom worked nights and kept him while i was in school, i kept him when i got home...i took night and weekend classes in college so i could watch him while mama worked. my parents now have custody, my sister could care less about her son, she'd rather be off fucking god-knows-who instead of being a good mother or wife. she tried to break up my marriage while my dh was working out of town b/c she's devious....so yeah, we don't get along at all
    josiesmommy00

Comment by josiesmommy00 (original poster) at 6:41 PM on Oct. 8, 2012