Do any of you mommy's give your child's teacher a card or gift for Valentine's Day?

I think it is a sweet thing to do nothing expensive just a little something to let them know you appreciate their work with your child...I guess.
My kids have to bring their valentine cards before Friday (they are going to exchange cards that day).
If you do give something to the teacher...What do you or have you given?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:00 AM on Feb. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Give them a teacher Valentine card that comes in box with the kids theme and the same snack that is passed out to classmates. I did the same thing too in school.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:06 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• my dd makes sure theres a teacher card in the box. also a candy rose and we give a candy rose to the bus driver she is a nice women and will call you if theres trouble instead of writting kids up. she will right up if the kids dont smarten up. lol. but we do the cards and you sometimes can buy a bouqet of candy roses ( there not huge ) 10 for 10.00. at shaws.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 9:11 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• Teacher cards until 3 or 4th grade
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:11 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• I don't do anything specifically from me, but I always let my son choose something for his teacher. This year he chose some Ghiradelli truffles. :)
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 9:14 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• my sons not in school yet but we got his daycare lady a nice necklace that wasnt to exspensive just as a way to say "thanks for looking after my lil man you do an awsome job"
    connorsmom22607

Answer by connorsmom22607 at 9:32 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• Yes, we get a card and a small box of chocolates.
    MsMESSx2

Answer by MsMESSx2 at 9:45 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• Yes, usually we do get something for the teacher also. Here in Texas because of regulations they are only allowed so many parties a year. Valentine's is not classified as a "party"..so they have bring everything wrapped up and carry home. No cupcakes or cookies and drinks. The School Admin and Teachers pick which Holiday they want over the other.
    heavenschild99

Answer by heavenschild99 at 10:35 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• My kids are in preschool and kindergarten so they get excited about bringing gifts for their teachers.
    This year it's a small box of Godvia chocolates and a card. Those poor teachers deserve more for all that they do but it's a little something.
    FORCEOFGRAVITY

Answer by FORCEOFGRAVITY at 10:44 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• Yes, we will get our gs's teacher something small and one of his valentine cards to her...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 11:08 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• my Mom has been a teacher for almost thirty years...don't give mugs, candles or anything that smells...candy is okay but not really appreciated...gift cards are the best- even just a five dollar one to Starbucks or Sonic...just a card is better than some small junky dust collector
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:13 AM on Feb. 9, 2009