Pampered chef, good values or rip offs?

What do you think? I'm always invited to them but I look at the stuff and I refuse to pay that much.

Mrs_Harsh

Asked by Mrs_Harsh at 4:33 PM on Oct. 8, 2012 in Shopping

• I think anything sold in the "party" format is usually a rip-off and grossly overpriced.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 4:36 PM on Oct. 8, 2012

• I like some of their things and think some of their things are just too over priced. I love cookbooks so when they go on sale, sometimes as low as a buck, I am interested. There are also some handy tools.
    If you wnat someone to show you how to cook something, mostly entertaining ideas, you might pick up something from one of the parties as they make and serve food, or they did when a nephew was a demonstrator.
    I do think their baking stones are also better than you can get except in the specialty shops.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 4:38 PM on Oct. 8, 2012

• i went to one
    woman was showing a product that you add to boiling water so it will not ever boil over
    it was a metal circle disk thing
    i was thinking (but i said it outloud- oops)
    i said
    couldn't you just use a metal lid from a juice can?

i got a dirty look-lol
    she did not sell any of those items at that party

but it was a great idea
    it used the metal lid off orange juice container the next time i boiled noddles
    IT WORKS!
    and i did not pay 10 bucks

i have some extra ones for free, it will only cost you the low low price of 19.99 for shipping and handling
    ;)
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 4:38 PM on Oct. 8, 2012

• i love all my PC crap. lol. plus, you get free food at the parties..kinda like going to Sam's on a Saturday.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 4:38 PM on Oct. 8, 2012

• I received a ton of Pampered Chef items for my wedding shower 10 years ago. It has been shipped overseas twice, moved from house to house, to condo, to apartment, etc. Almost all of my items are still in great working condition and I love them!

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 4:43 PM on Oct. 8, 2012

• I love Pampered Chef, their products are on par with the same products you buy in a culinary store and at about the same price. You get what you pay for
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 4:43 PM on Oct. 8, 2012

• I love Pampered Chef products, though I've never bought any of my own lol. My mom gave me a bunch of her old stuff, some of it 10+ years old, and all it works perfectly.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 4:45 PM on Oct. 8, 2012

• I have never been to a party, but have bought stuff to help my cousin. I know I can get a garlic press, slap chop, pizza stone, pizza cutter, can strainer for half the price.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 4:45 PM on Oct. 8, 2012

• i have the mandoline..its over 10yrs old and will still CUT YOU! in a flash. lol.
    i don't know how PC's compares to a lesser-priced mandoline, as this is the only one i've used. like i said, though, IT WILL STILL CUT YOU!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 4:51 PM on Oct. 8, 2012

• I won't use mandolins ever. I took my finger tip off with one besides having kids, gb issues that was a good runner up in making me want to die lol
    Mrs_Harsh

Comment by Mrs_Harsh (original poster) at 4:52 PM on Oct. 8, 2012