Mirena Birth Control

I've had Mirena IUD for over a year now, but it's been giving problems, and my doctor is taking it off tomorrow, honestly im scared that i wont be able to get pregnant or that it will make it harder for me to conceive, does anyone have info, or know more about this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:50 PM on Oct. 8, 2012 in Trying to Conceive

• I had to have surgery after mine was taken out because it gave me polyps on my uterus. That was in aug and I just found out I'm 5 weeks prego. I think you just have to listen to your body and talk to your doc.
    AllyBM

Answer by AllyBM at 11:50 AM on Oct. 9, 2012

• I had mine removed because of a 20 lb weight gain :( I'm just devastated now cause I have been struggling with weight gain since I had my 5 year old and have decided that condoms are my new best friends. lol
    CEWarsop

Answer by CEWarsop at 4:39 AM on Oct. 10, 2012

• It's not supposed to affect your ability to get pregnant after having it removed. I know a few people who have had them removed because of "problems" (in quotations because one of those problems was a ten lb weight gain) and two of them have had children since. I've had mine for almost 2 years and have not had the first issue.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 10:47 AM on Oct. 9, 2012