Mirena Birth Control

I've had Mirena IUD for over a year now, but it's been giving problems, and my doctor is taking it off tomorrow, honestly im scared that i wont be able to get pregnant or that it will make it harder for me to conceive, does anyone have info, or know more about this?

Asked by Anonymous at 8:50 PM on Oct. 8, 2012 in Trying to Conceive

• I had to have surgery after mine was taken out because it gave me polyps on my uterus. That was in aug and I just found out I'm 5 weeks prego. I think you just have to listen to your body and talk to your doc.

Answer by AllyBM at 11:50 AM on Oct. 9, 2012

• I had mine removed because of a 20 lb weight gain :( I'm just devastated now cause I have been struggling with weight gain since I had my 5 year old and have decided that condoms are my new best friends. lol

Answer by CEWarsop at 4:39 AM on Oct. 10, 2012

• It's not supposed to affect your ability to get pregnant after having it removed. I know a few people who have had them removed because of "problems" (in quotations because one of those problems was a ten lb weight gain) and two of them have had children since. I've had mine for almost 2 years and have not had the first issue.

Answer by DusterMommy at 10:47 AM on Oct. 9, 2012