• In the Spotlight:

Has anyone given their baby mylanta for spit up??Someone suggested to ask my ped aboutit...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:21 AM on Feb. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I did but it didn't seem to work very well.. I also tried Tummy Soother made by Gentle Naturals it worked alot better.. You can buy this at Walgreens and if I remember correctly it is cheaper.. Goodluck
    lotus1216

Answer by lotus1216 at 9:33 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• I don't know, I wouldn't do anything without asking the pedi.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:33 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• no! Mine was on prevacid at 3 months cause of GERD.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 9:50 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• we were recommended Zantac and got a prescription from the doc for it for reflux.. if your baby just spits up but not excessively then he/she prob doesn't have reflux and mylicon for the belly or the tummy soothers that PP suggested would probably work. If your baby spits up a LOT or in big amounts then he/she may have reflux and need a prescription. Check with your doctor first!!
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 10:35 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• mylanta no!! pepto no!! I don't suggest them,, get something that is recommended for the right age. Talk to your pediatrician. Spit up happens, If it's really bad then you need to get him checked for reflux and gerd. mylanta is for adults, it even says on the bottle DO not give to anyone under the age of 2!!
    Mrs.Williamson

Answer by Mrs.Williamson at 12:21 PM on Feb. 9, 2009