Is a 5 yr. old too big for a stroller?

My son is 5 years old, my only child. I am expecting another in June. I travel out of state a lot with him. Most of the time by myself... My question is... When we are at the airport and I have two carry-ons to carry/push, and my 5 yr. old , is it crazy for me to be using a stroller for him? He is perfectly capable of walking, but sometimes we have only 40 minutes to get to our next gate and it just seems easier this way. Am I just being lazy? Any other solutions??

hipmommaCLB

Asked by hipmommaCLB at 9:30 AM on Feb. 9, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• You can buy strollers now that have the usual spot for a small child and then behind there is a spot where an older child can stand/sit - more like a bench for them....this sounds like it would be perfect for you. They have them at Target/Walmart/BabiesRUs....

stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 9:40 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• I think he is too old. We have gone to the airport plenty of times and we would have his own suitcases with rollers and push or pull it himself and walk. I suggest getting there 2 hours early.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:32 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• yes i agree hes prob too old depending on his size i agree w/ the pp get him a suitcase w/ wheels
    emtmommyamanda

Answer by emtmommyamanda at 9:35 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• I would buy one of those kids hand leashes, so you wont loose him in the airport and make him walk.

mommiedear

Answer by mommiedear at 12:41 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• I don't see a problem with it. I mean its not as if you are pushing him around in a stroller everywhere, just a busy crowded airport and I am sure it helps frees up your hands and enables you to move around quicker when you are traveling. I think it's fine.
    lilymama03

Answer by lilymama03 at 1:07 PM on Feb. 9, 2009