hmmm interesting

my husband and were talking and decided that people around here are not giving me a chance or listening to me cause they think i am crazy.i called my friend the other day about something she had said..all her reaction was you are crazy...well i do go to therapy.and have been in the hospital out patient.but not because i am crazy but because of my anxiety disorder.so we came to the conclusion that the neighbor or people down the street dont listen to me cause they really thnk i am crazy.it all makes sence and i can see how they would think like that but what do i do...i am not crazy and i want to be friends with these people or at least have them acknowledge me.i havent spoken to them in about a year..what do i do to change there thinking.( i know other people think this also cause rumors do get around)

snowmom974

Asked by snowmom974 at 10:00 AM on Feb. 9, 2009 in Relationships

• Girl you are not CRAZY. You are who youare and if people can't accept that then F*** them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:04 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• I think all you can do, is explain to the it was due to your anxiety! That has no connection to mentally insane people..print something off from the internet that explains about anxiety disorder! Give it to them..and if they still don't understand...It's def not a loss you don't chum around with closed minded idiot's like that!! Your better then them, so go find friends that are understanding.
    Anonymous

• Well why do they know you go to therapy or on meds?? If they don't know that but still think your crazy- maybe you are crazy :) But even crazy people need friends. Just kill them with kindness and do nice things for them. Bake them cookies, cake, pie. Invite them over for dinner. Set up play dates.
    krazyash023

Answer by krazyash023 at 10:07 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• 1.) Just go about your business! Be happy..that's the BEST revenge!

2.) Find a group or hobby/interest that YOU enjoy! Meeting people that share a common interest is a MUCH better foundation for a healthy friendship!

3.) Provide a loving and stable home for your husband and children

4.) NEVER argue or air your problems in public!

5.) NEVER tell ANYONE about your mental health issues. Don't give people reasons to talk about negatively about you! Most people are insecure, and will take any opportunity to build themselves up at the expense of someone else.

6.) DON'T force a friendship to exist. Forced friends are not true friends!

These neighbors sound bored, petty, and biatchy! Do you REALLY want them as friends?!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 10:08 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• ok i dont know how something so personal got around in the first place, maybe just be more vocal with everybody, chat or invite people around for a bbq or something make sure you have conversations with everyone/
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 10:09 AM on Feb. 9, 2009