8 pounds

this is my second pregnancy and i already gained 8 pounds. im only 8weeks and 4days. im 24 years old, about 5'6 and started out at 105 and now is 113.... is this normal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:05 AM on Feb. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Well, you do gain more weight during your first trimester, usually. I'd just make sure you watch what you eat and remember that you don't actually eat for two. Only increase your calorie intake about 500 a day, not 2000. Eat lots of fruits and veggies. And lots of fiber to help keep regulated which also helps regulate weight gain. And make sure you're drinking plenty of water which acts as a natural appetite suppressor.  And still get exercise.  Even if it's just a walk around the neighborhood a couple nights a week.  That will help keep the extra weight gain down.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:10 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• you might be having twins :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:13 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• i dont eat anymore than i did before... i was just wondering cuz me and him have twins on both sides... his mom and dads and i have twins on my mom and dads...
    Anonymous

• sounds like it could be twins
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:21 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• I'm 5 months pregnant with twins and have only gained 5-6 pounds so just because you're gaining weight, don't assume it is multiples.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• I was underweight by 10 lbs. and so gained about that much, however, I'm now going on 36 wks. and have gained around 30 with still a month to go. I'd be very careful, because you will gain a ton more weight in the last trimester and looking at that scale is not fun. Don't eat too much, too soon b/c you will get hungrier in the last trimester and you don't want to blow up too big. Some of it could just be bloating, too, though.
    Anonymous

• Well, at 105 and 5'6" you were technically starting off underweight. I'm 5'5" and with my daughter I started off at 115, should have been abour 120, so i did gain more in the beginning but it leveled off. You have to gain more to make up for what you did not have before you started. Don't go overboard, stay healthy, and the weight should come right off afterward. I gained 25 pounds overall and it took less than a month to lose all of it. good luck!
    hannahjoy17

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 1:13 PM on Feb. 9, 2009