I'm going to ask this again because I got only two answers and both of them were different..

I've heard that some people can feel cramping when they ovulate. I track my ovulation and it was the 9th but I was cramping on the 7th..So does that mean I could have actually ovulated then or can you cramp right BEFORE you ovulate? or is only suppose to be WHEN you ovulate? I'm trying to figure this all out because I usually have a 30 day cycle and most people have 14 luteal days but since mine is 30 days I wonder if my ovulation was a couple days off.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:13 AM on Feb. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i have hear you cramp when your getting ready to ovulate. my friend yells im droping eggs owww owww, im not positive though. sorry.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 10:15 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• As the egg becomes ripe in the ovary the ovary then must contract (cramp) to expell the egg. the cramping you may feel is generally surrounding a 48 hours period of 'prime fertility'
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 10:18 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• Maybe every so slightly but with me its more of an ache a few days before and after. The actual ovulation is a sharp pain that lasts about 30 sec in my hip. My chiro said that the aching is where the uterus is pulling. He told me it was normal but last month, I was hurting more than usual.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 10:18 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• I have "heard" the same thing of cramping while ovulating, but have no personal experience.

I was going to suggest though have you tried those ovulation sticks to help your track. They helped me get spot on, especially since I ovulate late. Worth the money to me over guessing and charting etc...and I got pregnant faster when I used them.

Hope that helps.
    J9Mommy

Answer by J9Mommy at 10:21 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• I agree with the other ladies...I always cramped a bit right before I ovulated.

I got the mucousy stuff when I ovulated.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 11:06 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• It could be both actually. The cramping is the egg or eggs forming and bursting through the ovary. You have the mucosy discharge around the time of ovulation to make it more hospitable for the sperm to travel to the uterus.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 11:36 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• There is a scientific term for this...I will misspell it I promise..Mittelschmerz or something like that. It runs in families and not all families have it. We do. It is how I know I am ovulating and it changes sides with each month. Google the term and learn! Hope this helps you.  Ok spell check says I spelled it right.

salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:17 PM on Feb. 9, 2009