Is it just me, or does the academics for students seem to be getting more challenging?

my daughter is in 3rd grade and she is working on perimeter. and she hasnt grasped the concept of it yet. does anyone know of anyway she could comprehend the whole concept.

rosesrred1

Asked by rosesrred1 at 9:52 AM on Oct. 9, 2012 in

• Do examples. Find the perimeter of the computer screen, TV, cereal box, etc. Something where she can see the real world application of the concept.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 10:10 AM on Oct. 9, 2012

• thanks moms... ill try both methods
    rosesrred1

Comment by rosesrred1 (original poster) at 11:38 AM on Oct. 9, 2012

• Oh definitely - my older kids (4th & 5th grade) are learning things I learned in 7th & 8th grade - not to mention the technology stuff that's changed too (but that's besides the point). I can't help my older kids with their math/science homework most of the time because they're also learning stuff differently.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 2:48 PM on Oct. 9, 2012

• We did perimeter in 3rd grade (and I'm 52 ... ) with measuring wheels and measured the perimeter of playgrounds, sports areas, gardens, etc.
    winterglow

Answer by winterglow at 6:14 AM on Oct. 17, 2012