Mistaken gender?

Has anyone been told they were having a girl, and then have a little boy come out?
I had a 3D ultrasound at 23w4d and they said I was having a girl, and they even pointed to her privates and said "that's labia".
I know they say they aren't 100% but I should be okay since I was pretty far along and it was 3D, and she said "that's labia" right? Lol I'm 39weeks today and everything I have is pink I'm all paranoid now.

BambiF

Asked by BambiF at 10:34 AM on Feb. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yea they are pretty good about getting the sex right !!!!!! but just in case you might wana take something yellow if you are not sure!!!! good luck
    Mother_18

Answer by Mother_18 at 10:36 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• I think you are okay hun
    lotus1216

Answer by lotus1216 at 10:38 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• I had to have a 3d ultrasound because I was high risk, it was around 20 weeks and they said it was a girl. My parents also paid for another 3d ultrasound at 28 weeks and they said it was a girl also. If you went to an ultrasound place that had an actual doctor then I would believe it. If you went to a place that you have to pay that early I would be cautious. But either way congrats and I hope its a girl!
    kyriesmommy13

Answer by kyriesmommy13 at 10:43 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• With the 3D I would be pretty sure you're safe!
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 10:59 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• they are pretty good about it now but I was so paranoid that I had it checked every ultrasound!! It was always a girl! I also didn't get a 3D but I would think those would be MORE accurate
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 11:20 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• I've known too many moms who've been told one and got the opposite!! Only the baby knows for sure til birth and it ain't talkin yet!! My cousin told every one it was a girl from all of this and that of pictures and tests, my aunt bought tons of pinks. I'm surprised you didn't hear our screams in solidarity in one shocked scream through out the country as word got out for everyone to return the pinks for blues. Just pickup a couple of both colors to get home from the hospital in. I have three kids, my first is the only boy. We didn't want to know the sex ahead of time for any of them, it would have taken away a big part of the excitement of delivery. Which ever you have mommy, Blessings to you and Baby!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• With my second pregnancy my OB told me I was having a girl and I even had a 3d done . All of my 6 ultrasounds pointed to a girl and when I delivered it was a BOY ! I felt so bad cause all I had was girl stuff so for about the first week he had to wear girl stuff until I was able to go get boy stuff .
    katherine4

Answer by katherine4 at 11:57 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• If they said it was a girl, was it because they didn't see a penis? Or did they think they saw labia?
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 12:16 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• I can't remember ! He is 6 now !
    katherine4

Answer by katherine4 at 12:41 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• My little sister was a boy all the way through her mom's pregnancy....and she is definitly not an allen :) There was also a couple in our church that was told to paint the nursery pink because it's a girl....he is definitly not! Good luck, don't worry about it. Even if they are wrong and you have to do some quick exchanges it will be a funny story to tell your little one later on :)
    hannahjoy17

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 1:02 PM on Feb. 9, 2009