Does military require a peternity test to be done to recieve benefits?

I'm pregnant my boyfriend is in Iraq and his family told me i need a peternity test in order to get benefits. Is this true?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:37 AM on Feb. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yes they do ask for a paternity test if you're not married. If not everybody would just claim who ever as their baby daddy. I know one girl who tried saying its his baby, he needs to take care of his baby blah blah blah. they had her get a paternity test and it wasn't his kid.
    lady-J-Rock

Answer by lady-J-Rock at 11:07 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• I dont think so because my friend was married to a guy in the military and they split up and she was pregnant and she stilll got all the benefits.. They never asked for a paternity test..
    lotus1216

Answer by lotus1216 at 10:41 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• no that is not true unless he claims it is not his.
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 10:48 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• not true unless he is disputing it. you need a blood test to prove your pregnant though
    MissHeidi0304

Answer by MissHeidi0304 at 10:55 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• I think they would be because you guys are not married! They just want to make sure that they are not shelling out money for someones else kid! To the first lady, they wouldn't ask for a paternity test because they are married!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:00 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• Yes if you are not married they do.
    Soniam301

Answer by Soniam301 at 11:53 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• I agree, if your not married then a paternity test will be needed. It's no big deal,, as long as the baby is his! ;o)
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 12:31 PM on Feb. 9, 2009