My almost 5 month old isn't rolling over. What can I do to help encourage the process?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:00 AM on Feb. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Do alot of tummy time
    lotus1216

Answer by lotus1216 at 11:05 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• Do a lot of tummy time TOGETHER. Ok, so this might sound silly, but my Dh used to get down there with them and show them how to roll over. He'd roll over while they watched him. LOL Then we would slowly roll them over for them. Back and forth. While we were doing "most" of the work, we would manipulate their bodies a little to teach them how to do it themselves.

Soon your baby will be rolling all over the place.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 11:12 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• My son didn't roll over until the day before his six-month "birthday" but he is very strong and was sitting up by himself before he rolled over. So don't worry, it will happen :) The PP had good advice, I would just play with my son on the floor, and he started rolling over to get closer to me. Putting a toy where he can roll over to reach it might help too.
    bethany169

Answer by bethany169 at 11:35 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• dont weiry baby will do it when they are ready try helping baby to roll over while doing tummy time !! the more tummy time you do the more they will advance
    mom_since08

Answer by mom_since08 at 12:30 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• MY son didn't roll much at that age either. He would slip from tummy to back only if he was mad about tummy time and didn't roll both directions until 6 months. Now a few weeks later, he is rolling all over the place!
    So he will do it on his own time... But it's actually nice if they don't know how... because now he can get into all kinds of things!
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 2:42 PM on Feb. 9, 2009