Military Insurance

I was just kinda curious...maybe someone else has been through this...but me and my boyfriend are getting married in May, and were planning on putting me on his military insurance (tri care) the first week of June. Some people are telling me that it will not cover my pregnancy since it was a "pre existing condition" I will be at 22 weeks when we get married, so i was jsut wondering if it was going to cover me after that? I understand that I may have to chang eDr.'s, but we are trying to decide rather or not to cancel my current insurance that I pay for.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:18 AM on Feb. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I have been there too. I got married back in July and I was 20 weeks or around there. Tri Care is covering me. They just don't back date.
    lelandsmom6707

Answer by lelandsmom6707 at 11:31 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• they will cover your pregnancy.
    ZaTa

Answer by ZaTa at 11:20 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• I don't think pregnancy can be labeled as a preexisting condition on most insurances... He can ask though, or look it up on the tricare website. I am on tricare and don't remember what it said about pregnancy lol.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 11:21 AM on Feb. 9, 2009