Are you handy - can you fix or make minor repairs around the house?

I can to a certain extent but I stay away from electical and plumbing.

booklover545

Asked by booklover545 at 1:28 PM on Oct. 9, 2012 in Home & Garden

• Yep all of it. My Mom taught me well. I have removed toilets more than on e on my own, fixed leaks, ran line for an ice maker. Then I studied electrical engineering so I have that under control.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 1:40 PM on Oct. 9, 2012

• I do what I have to do, Google is my best friend when it comes to having to fix things around the house. BUT I'd like to take down a wall in my house, this and that - that I will not tackle on my own. Any other day to day repairs, I figure out on my own, with Google's help of-course. Toilets, ceiling fans, washing machine, ice maker in the refrigerator, kid bike, lawn mower, etc...
    SassySue123

Answer by SassySue123 at 1:39 PM on Oct. 9, 2012

• I can yank up the chain on a running toilet. No applause please just me being me.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 1:46 PM on Oct. 9, 2012

• Yes. Well, what do you consider minor?
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 1:29 PM on Oct. 9, 2012

• No, I'm not handy at all.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 1:29 PM on Oct. 9, 2012

• Yes, but like you, I avoid electrical and plumbing. Pretty much everything else I can do, though.
    theMOMmission

Answer by theMOMmission at 1:29 PM on Oct. 9, 2012

• Some things, but like you stay away from electrical and plumbing.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 1:30 PM on Oct. 9, 2012

• Yep, I give it me all, and if I can't find out how to do it, then I call my Hubby, and we decide on what to do from there. He's gone all the time, so I do my best to remedy the problem. Our 16 yr old son can do a lot of repairs as well, so most of the time the job gets done before Hubby gets home.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 1:31 PM on Oct. 9, 2012

• Yup and electrical. I probably could do plumbing but never tried
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:33 PM on Oct. 9, 2012

• I've replaced light switches, doorbells, installed ceiling fans, kitchen faucets, fixed some toilets and replaced sprinkler heads. I've fixed wiring on a light fixture we screwed up in the stairwell. Most of these things are fairly easy to do, minimal cost and save you a lot of money by not having a service person come out and do it for you. If it has anything to do with gas, I won't touch it (with exception of the gas grill we retrofitted from propane).

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 1:34 PM on Oct. 9, 2012