Does anyone work doing companion care for senior citizens?

I used to work for a company that provided both companion care and nursing care for the elderly, but that's been 10 years ago. I am wondering what average pay per hour is for companion care for the elderly (sitting with them, doing housework, running errands for or with them, making sure they eat, etc). No nursing involved as I am not a licensed nurse. I am looking to possibly get back into this within a couple of years and am just trying to find out the pay range now. Thanks!

AprilDJC

Asked by AprilDJC at 11:20 AM on Feb. 9, 2009 in Money & Work

• I did the training but never did any work in it, I'm registered for those type of jobs at care.com, That way people in my area can look for me.

I mostly get child care calls and pet sitting calls. I have more expierience in those.

IraqiVetWife

Answer by IraqiVetWife at 6:11 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• I am going back for my STNA (state tested nurse assistant) and then can also be a HHA (home health aid). The pay up here seems to be as low as $8 (almost minimum) up to $15. Depends on were you go, HHA seems to be about 9-11 depending on where you go. Some HHA make you have a CNA/STNA now. Not sure if that is just here or all states.
    partiesbyjan

Answer by partiesbyjan at 1:03 PM on Feb. 9, 2009