We are redoing our kitchen.

I have chosen a ceramic tile that has a high gloss and looks like marble. Do you think that was a mistake bc it will show every drop of water that falls when you are doing dishes and drips occur from the wet dishes being picked up to be dried.

candbtea

Asked by candbtea at 1:56 PM on Oct. 9, 2012 in Home & Garden

• I'm confused, you'd need to wipe water off of any surface.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 2:04 PM on Oct. 9, 2012

• i guess you could towel dry it after wiping it. i don't think its a mistake. These days we are trying to make our homes more presentable and give the WOW factor then it is pratical.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 3:22 PM on Oct. 9, 2012

• I think it will be beautiful.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 7:07 PM on Oct. 10, 2012

• I guess I wasn't very clear in my question. We have a high gloss floor in the bathroom and every time someone washes their hands or reaches for a towel from the shower with dripping hands and the floor get drops, and then dries, you can see dull spots where the water has dried. Yes I can wipe it but every day every times someone used the jon there is spots to clean. So I was thinking when you rinse dishes and try to get them to the dish washer without dripping, I can see that there will be spots to wipe up all the time. I have bad hips and bending many times causes difficulty for me in walking. I wanted the Wow factor but now I hope that this choice won't make more work for me in keeping it looking nice. They won't be starting the reno until mid November so I HOPE that it is done in time for Christmas. If it doesn't get done in time I think Christmas dinner will be in a restaurant.
    candbtea

Comment by candbtea (original poster) at 10:49 PM on Oct. 9, 2012

• Sounds great!
    Sarah961

Answer by Sarah961 at 2:17 AM on Oct. 11, 2012