• In the Spotlight:

My baby was put on Zantac for reflux

Can you add it to his formula? He hates the peppermint taste. I didn't know if it would be diluted if added to his 4 oz. of formula.

boyerbaby

Asked by boyerbaby at 11:23 AM on Feb. 9, 2009 in Kids' Health

• My son was on it when he was a baby too. I just squirted it in the side of his mouth and tickled his chin to get him to swallow. I'm not sure about diluting it. I'm sure if you call the pharmacist or the pediatrician they can help you.
    CookieMom108

Answer by CookieMom108 at 11:25 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• You can also ask about getting it in a different flavour.
    Myantek

Answer by Myantek at 11:31 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• As long as you are sure he will take the whole bottle then it is fine...but it will just make the formula taste funny. I would just squirt it in quick and get it over with and then stick the bottle in his mouth to wash the bad taste away. My son was on it and that is what we did.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:48 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• my daughter had GERD. We had to give her hers before her bottle. Try putting it beside the gums. Luckily we switched to some berry flavored melts after the Zantac stopped working.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 4:22 PM on Feb. 9, 2009