What's Best for morning Sickness?

A third time Pregnant mom I know has Terrible morning sickness! What Works? I suggested Crackers, Ginger Ale, Ginger mixed in anything & peppermint Tea! She Hates the Tea & everything I suggested!! I had it Horribly too & just Suffered!! What worked for you? She's been not eating for as long as 3 Days! That's Harmful isn't it? I know the Baby will just take Everything from her to grow... She's 6 weeks along.

Angellinda

Asked by Angellinda at 11:25 AM on Feb. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Try Farina or Cream of wheat with a little cinnamon-sugar in it. It worked for me... that was about ll I could eat the first few months of my pregnancy. It is very soothing, and the warmth helps calm the stomach down in my opinion. Hope it helps!
    theitalian3721

Answer by theitalian3721 at 11:27 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• sour hard candies!!! worked awesome for me! I got the idea from those Quesey pops. I just couldn't bring myself to buy them because of their name LOL so I looked at the flavors and bought hard candy in the same flavors. :) and the hard candy was cheaper and you get more for your $ than buying those fancy lollipops.
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 11:41 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• Tell her to eat toast and even regular tea. She HAS to eat something every day and if it's that serious her OB can give her something to help with the sickness
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 12:29 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• Hard candy helped me. I also tried not to have an empty stomach. I think that made it worse. I tried to munch on very small amounts of things all day. Crackers, toast, pretzles, ect. It really worked for me.
    mazonmom

Answer by mazonmom at 1:18 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• Saltines and Ginger Ale worked wonders for me. Then I could go on with my day and eat other nutritious foods. The ginger in the Ginger Ale is a natural soother and the saltines are bland and absorb the acids in the tummy. I would have these first thing in the morning so I could go on with my day!
    LiveLoveLaugh

Answer by LiveLoveLaugh at 2:53 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• Oops, I just read that you tried the ginger ale...I'm surprised that it didn't work! I would call the Dr. and ask their opinion.
    LiveLoveLaugh

Answer by LiveLoveLaugh at 2:54 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• I couldn't even keep down water with mine and although not drinking fluids can be harmful to the baby the doctor said not eating wasn't necessarily a concern of their's ....they said eat when I could and not to worry too much as long as i was taking prenantal vitimans and getting fluids that was all the baby really needed! One thing that does help me is hard tack candy...tell her sit something next to her bed that she can eat in the morning before she even sits up in bed and eat lots of small....very small....meals like every two hours eat a half a sandwhich or something for example.
    LOVE2bMOMMY525

Answer by LOVE2bMOMMY525 at 3:28 PM on Feb. 9, 2009