What Are Some Good Dishes For A Pot Luck Dinner ?

I need to take a dish for a District Cub Scout Pot Luck Banquet on Thursday and need some ideas .

katherine4

Asked by katherine4 at 11:26 AM on Feb. 9, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Chop suey, Shepards pie, Broccoli chicken bake, Chilli, Macaroni and cheese, Some sort of salad (fruit,macaroni, taco), Stew, any type of casserole.
    asholan_07

Answer by asholan_07 at 11:32 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• my mom always has good luck with either sweet and sour meatballs or meatballs with spaghetti sauce. with the spaghetti meatballs, she gets hot dog buns and cheese so people can make mini meatball subs. for sweet and sour- get plain frozen meatballs and sweet and sour sauce, and throw in the crock pot. for the spaghetti sauce ones, get italian flavored meatballs and throw in the crock pot with spaghetti sauce.
    MaMaLaLa369

Answer by MaMaLaLa369 at 11:35 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• Potato salad, Deviled Eggs, BBQ Meatballs or BBQ beanie weinies, cheese and crackers, chicken wings, mac and cheese, fruit salad, or veggy trays.

Answer by gemgem at 12:00 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• A pot of calico beans, goolash, raw veggie and ranch dip, pepperoni rolls
    MsMESSx2

Answer by MsMESSx2 at 3:39 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• Is anyone providing a "main" dish. Like hot dogs or something? I think your dish should revolve around the main dish, if there is one.
    IZs_mommy

Answer by IZs_mommy at 4:30 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• cheesy potatoes and good for pot luck and also you could make some kind of salad there easy:) fruit salad, taco salad, and lots others.
    Tannarae

Answer by Tannarae at 4:38 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• Potato salad with beets. It makes the salad pink, so it's a conversation piece. I hate beets, but I can't taste them in the potato salad at all.

Just potatoes, mayo, beets, salt and pepper.

I also put stuffed green olives in mine and it gives it a nice bite. I love it!!!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 5:22 PM on Feb. 9, 2009