We got a dauchsund today.

A friend of mine is downsizing things and was needing to find homes for her two dogs. We took the dachsund. She said she is around 3 years old and use to be entirely in the house but for about the last year has been mostly outside. Well we plan on keeping her inside. So when we picked her up she was kind of smelly. Not like really bad, but definately needed a bath. So we bathed her and she is soo much better. I used dawn dish soap and then some of my shampoo.
Well, we are going to the petsmart or petco tomorrow to get a few things for her. Our walmart here doesnnt have crap. So what is a good shampoo i could get for the future.
And what dog food is high up on the list right now. Is that Blue Buffalo as good as they make it out to be? It has been years since i have had a house dog. And back then i fed eukanuba.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:08 PM on Oct. 9, 2012 in Pets

• My family has always used tear free baby wash to bathe dogs. As for the food... Blue Buffalo is very good. I have heard bad things about Eucanuba.

What is her name? Can you post a pic... I love wienie dogs!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 7:10 PM on Oct. 9, 2012

• Congratulations! I hear to use a shampoo especially for pets.

Answer by Bmat at 7:13 PM on Oct. 9, 2012

• congratulations on your new pet....share a pic when you can.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 7:13 PM on Oct. 9, 2012

• Her name is Harley Jane. She is a red one and is very very fat. I couldnt believe it. The one i had years ago, stayed very lean and ate a lot. She is fixed so maybe that has something to do with it. I will try to past a picture if i can figure out how to get it off of my phone.
    We were looking online at petsmart and the girls want to get her the minnie mouse or tinkerbell collar. It is really cute. The only thing is it says it is an online item only. The kids are excited to have her.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:14 PM on Oct. 9, 2012

• Blue buffalo is an excellant food but a great resource when researching food is http://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/      As far as shampoos go I tend to use the ones that I like to smell of. I have a really sensitive nose when it comes to certain scents.  But I prefer gentle shampoos for my dogs.

KyliesMom5

Answer by KyliesMom5 at 9:07 PM on Oct. 9, 2012

• Dawn is perfect for washing pets :) I dont waste money on any fancy soaps. Any food thats main ingredient is meat and has no corn or wheat in it. I use Costco brand dog food or Nutra Nuggets there both at costco great quality food for low price.
    LostInMyMind

Answer by LostInMyMind at 11:56 PM on Oct. 9, 2012

• We feed our dog WELLNESS Congrats on your dog.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 6:19 PM on Oct. 11, 2012

• congratulationsHope you really enjoy your new doggies - they are such loyal friends!!

isismoon3

Answer by isismoon3 at 8:54 PM on Oct. 22, 2012