Has anyone had to have alumnium wiring in their home repaired or replaced with copper?

I'm looking at buying a mobile home that was built in 1965. I know it sounds aincent for a mobile home but this one has been well cared for. To get homeowners insurance I have to either replace all the alumnium wiring with copper or have copper pigtails spliced in at every electrical outlet and light switch. Possibley more. Has anyone else had to do this? What did it cost?

I really want to buy this house because it's soooo clean. It's only 768 square feet which is just right. I don't have much nor do I want much. It's on .21 acres with an enclosed garage, storage building, and a small addition built on for a washer and dryer.

FroggyFeet

Asked by FroggyFeet at 8:03 PM on Oct. 9, 2012 in Home & Garden

• No answers yet