What constitutes verbal abuse?

When women say that they are being verbally abused what does that mean? Is it only name calling? Bitching about things? Etc...the more answers the better. Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:30 AM on Feb. 9, 2009 in Relationships

• Name calling is enough verbal abuse...why would you want more??
    Name calling infront of children can and will damage them for life. Everyone deserves to be talked to with respect.
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 11:36 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• Nope...my hubby doesn't call me names....I'd like answers to my questions only please. Thanks.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:37 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• Angry outburst, sarcasm,
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 11:43 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• Cursing at them.Going up in their face and yelling and foaming at the mouth.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• I think verbal abuse is considered as anything that is intentionally putting you down. Calling you names, saying your ugly or pin pointing out bad features, yelling at you. Pretty much anything offensive that is said to you verbally.
    asholan_07

Answer by asholan_07 at 11:43 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• Verbal abuse is hurtful and usually attacks the nature and abilities of the partner. Over time, the partner may begin to believe that there is something wrong with her or her abilities. She may come to feel that she is the problem, rather than her partner.
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 11:44 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• I tried to copy and paste, but it would not let me.
    http://definitions.uslegal.com/v/verbal-abuse/
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 11:44 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• Also telling a woman she will never find another guy to love her. Nobody will want her etc..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• Name calling, such as stupid, worthless, dumb, bi***, I hate you, I wish you would die, your ugly, nobody will ever want you, etc. etc. etc. Putting you down all the time. Picking apart the little things about you. Making fun of you. The enjoyment of making you cry.
    foreverb3

Answer by foreverb3 at 11:47 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• blowing their top over and over at mudane things. God forbid you answer them back, they freak out on you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on Feb. 9, 2009