How in the hell can the US STILL send money to a country whose Taliban try to kill a child cause of stuff she says and all she wants is to go to school??

And they boarded a bus full of other children to get to her, so 2 others were injured as well. IMO, the US needs to tell Pakistan to get rid of the Taliban, and until they do, all aid is shut off. This is another great example as to why the US needs to write Pakistan off and say see ya, and kiss our ass you all are on your own. I would think the fact that they knew Osama was there, and did nothing, and never told us he was there. Obama should of wrote them off then, but he did not. Now the Taliban tried to kill a child just cause she spoke up, and all she wants is to go to school. Did the Taliban honestly see a threat in a 14 yr old girl? Seriously?! And if Pakistan really wants to get rid of the Taliban, let our military in there, clean up and take out the trash.
Thoughts?

Michigan-Mom74

Asked by Michigan-Mom74 at 12:09 AM on Oct. 10, 2012 in Politics & Current Events

• We cannot take out an abstract entity. It's already been tried. Our military needs to not be in Pakistan or any other Middle Easterner country.
    adnilm

Answer by adnilm at 12:12 AM on Oct. 10, 2012

• Ya, I agree with ya there adnilm.
    Michigan-Mom74

Comment by Michigan-Mom74 (original poster) at 12:20 AM on Oct. 10, 2012

• agreed...think of what the US could do with that $1.5 billion (thats what they got from us in 2010).
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 12:58 AM on Oct. 10, 2012

• Even if all the people who identify as Taliban were killed - you cannot kill the idea and yo run the risk of making them martyrs.

booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 10:28 AM on Oct. 10, 2012

• Do you really think that Pakistan WANTS the Taliban? They're a terrorist group, for goodness sake. Pakistan is doing their level best to get rid of them. The way you worded your question makes it sound as if you think they're a government department ...
    winterglow

Answer by winterglow at 10:50 AM on Oct. 10, 2012

• While I fully support the troops, I DO NOT support these stupid ass "wars" that are going on right now. WHO the hell put us in charge of the world? No one. We need to get our noses out of how other countries govern themselves and start working on rebuilding here at home. There are enough problems right here within our own borders that are being completely ignored in favor of the rest of the world.

The US is not in a position of strength anymore. We're weak, overstretched, and blustering more than anything. It's time to pull back, heal all wounds (like the economy and unemployment), rebuild, and then butt the hell out of most world politics. Advise, yes. Dictate, oh hell no.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 11:01 AM on Oct. 10, 2012

• I think these things are usually much more complicated than we like to think. I do feel horrible for the girl and her friends, and actually all females in that part of the world. It makes our problems sound so menial.

While I agree that we don't have a place in many of these countries and I do not think I would support just going in to another country at this point to get involved in their affairs, we are in a place of obligation to countries that we have invaded. I know many of them don't want us there, but don't we have an obligation to help rebuild, restructure and do what we promised for the people that have supported our efforts on their behalf? Or is it okay to go blow a bunch of stuff up in their country, throw their systems in to chaos and say 'your welcome' and then blow town? Not speaking about other invasions, but what are our responsibilities to the people we have already invaded?

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:33 AM on Oct. 10, 2012

• Considering how many homes and people we blow sky high in Pakistan via drones on a regular basis, throwing them a little money once in a while is hardly an issue. Pakistanis hate us far more for the blind destruction caused directly by us than for any propaganda distributed by the Taliban.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:59 PM on Oct. 10, 2012