What do you use as a radio these days?

I'm looking for the AC plug for for my radio and it appears nobody uses radios anymore. Is the norm to use the speakers that connect to your iPod? Or use the music channels on the television? Or just insert your cd into the DVD/Game Console/Computer that you have which is connected to your home theater system?

curlykit

Asked by curlykit at 11:52 AM on Feb. 9, 2009 in Entertainment

• I dont even own a radio and havent for years. i listen to my cd's on my computer or dvd players. My husband also uses his sony ericsson walkman cell phone while he's working.
    asholan_07

Answer by asholan_07 at 11:53 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• I use my DVD player and play music through the TV....or through my computer sometimes, but the volume doesn't go very high...
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 11:53 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• We just use our computer! We have speakers that connect to it, and we listen to our itunes collection or www.pandora.com, where you "customize" your radio station.
    Kinda crazy, huh? The only real radio time I get is in the car.
    My dad still has an old box (probably from the 60's). It sits on our kitchen counter, and he listens to am radio on it. Someone's gotta have a cord! Maybe try a store more geared toward farmers and small-towners like Fleet Farm or the hardware store. Good luck!
    sfwilson

Answer by sfwilson at 11:57 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• Since I discovered playlist.com and limewire I haven't looked at my radio. There are just way to many commercials that interupt the music on the radio.
    BooBear666

Answer by BooBear666 at 11:59 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• Well I have all these cd's still and don't feel like moving my laptop all over the place depending on my mood. I put the radio in my bedroom b/c I moved last week and I left the cord behind or something but its not here. I suppose I could just use the laptop or one of the music services!
    curlykit

Answer by curlykit at 12:02 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• Uhm, lol, I listen to the radio on an old boombox if I want the actual radio. OR I do listen to the music channels. Usually radio if I'm outside cleaning, music channel if I'm inside.
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 12:32 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• LOL! I'm old school I still use a regular radio if I'm not palying music on my computer. It's a clock radio to boot!
    Anonymous

• I still use a radio...well, at least I did until Lilith stole mine for her room!
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 4:12 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• i use the music player on my computer (Amarok), Pandora Radio, last.fm, or Youtube!
    I have a CD player for when I go out but I don't really listen to the radio anymore, they don't play the bands I like!
    aridattebayo

Answer by aridattebayo at 11:23 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• I listen to the radio on my clock radio, my shower radio, and the car radio. In fact, I prefer the radio over my iPod! Here in northern VA I listen to B101.5......anyone else from around here listen to them, too?
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 6:16 AM on Feb. 11, 2009