Wetness

For the last few days, my underwear keeps getting wet all the time. I'm 28 weeks. Is this normal?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on Feb. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Maybe your just urinating and not noticing it because that is possible when you laugh or sneeze.
    asholan_07

Answer by asholan_07 at 11:57 AM on Feb. 9, 2009

• If it doesn't smell like urine....I would be worried. Are they soaking wet? Is it clear? I have heard the amniotic fluid smells a little sweet...and nothing like urine. I would take a sniff and see.......I would be very worried that my water broke early. Good luck.
    Anonymous

• I've had this problem since about 28 weeks too, I'm 32w 5d. I use a light pad in my underwear now. Mine isn't gushing, squirting or constantly leaking...it just leaves a big spot on my underwear sometimes. My OB said it was normal for you to have extra fluid and not to worry about it. Just watch for any blood, mucous or dripping and dripping of fluid.
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 12:26 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• By the way, not all urine smells strong. /So it might be urine and you wouldn't even know it
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 12:27 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• I had a similar problem and my OB said it was normal as well. You should still tell your doc about the problem at your next check up!
    redmoonintexas

Answer by redmoonintexas at 1:05 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• i have that problem but im also only 22 days away from my due date they say im just urinating on myself cause they baby has dropped and is sitting on my bladder but with my daughter i was leaking fluid and didnt even know it so i would ask your doc to check it out
    bugbug07

Answer by bugbug07 at 1:44 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• Most likely just pee, but if it worries you call your OB and make an appointment to get it checked. It happens alot... I can say that everytime I laugh, cough, sneeze or just get up too fast I find myself heading to the bathroom... UGH the joys of being pregnant!
    pinkbutterfly

Answer by pinkbutterfly at 2:23 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• I did the same thing. If you are very concerned, go to your doctor. They will use an acidity strip to see if it's urine or amniotic fluid. Very embarassing, but totally normal!
    franknbellesmom

Answer by franknbellesmom at 10:44 AM on Feb. 10, 2009