Valentines?

Is it just me or does it seem silly for a day care to request valentines for the toddler class room?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:22 PM on Feb. 9, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• No , its not silly !
    katherine4

Answer by katherine4 at 12:26 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• No, the kids have fun and they like to get things. They enjoy looking at all the cards with the characters they like on them and I used to send lollipops or twizzlers (something age appropriate) that they like. They usually have fun making "mailboxes" and stuff like that too.
    Anonymous

• I think it is kind of silly but they are not expensive to get or make. We make our own and my 2 and 3 yr olds wanted to make some for everyone at daycare b/c the older kids were making them for their classes.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 12:31 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• No its not. They have parties and exchange them. Its been going on for years and is part of the fun of the valentines party in schools.

Answer by gemgem at 12:33 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• Our school does Valentine exchanges.

The kids take turns passing them out. And when they get to each person they give each other a hug and exchange cards. It teaches sharing, and peer interaction. And my son had a lot of fun smashing crayons at the pages to decorate the cards this past weekend. (LOL). He's 14 mo.

Parents bring in a potluck snack at the end of the day -- red jell-o, red yogurt (strawberry, cherry or raspberry), red berries or fruit, and tomatoes. It's kind of fun.

They spend the week learning about hearts, the color red, and making valentine stuff for the parents. It might seem silly, but anything hands on to reinforce social skills is Ok with me. :-)
    Squirrell34

Answer by Squirrell34 at 1:01 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• Bella doesn't go to school yet, but she has story hour at the library. They asked her to bring 11 Valentine's with her Tuesday. We decorated a little box for her to put them in and she's excited about it. I thought it was cute.
    Mizzjos

Answer by Mizzjos at 2:21 PM on Feb. 9, 2009