Is it ok to give HONEY NUT cheerios to my 8 mo old?

I know Honey is a no-no... and I looked and there's actual honey in the cereal... but do you think it's enough to do any harm?

MamaLisa1976

Asked by MamaLisa1976 at 12:39 PM on Feb. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• hmmm...that is a good question. I know that they say no honey until they are 1 years old (because of the fear of botulism) so maybe I would stick to regular cheerios?

Anonymous

• if you think baby is ready for them i do the gerber graduates for my 11 mounth old and he loves them
    mom_since08

Answer by mom_since08 at 12:42 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• Yeah, she's really wanting to feed herself, so I've been giving her pieces of tortillia and toast, and hard boiled egg. That's a good idea... I might go with the graduates... this cereal seems like it's too hard for her and wouldn't dissolve as easily in her little mouth. I'm afraid she'll choke. I just gave her some macaroni to play with in the meantime and I think she likes it.
    MamaLisa1976

Answer by MamaLisa1976 at 12:46 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• Yes, it's fine. It's fresh honey that has the risk of botulism. Honey Nut Cheerios are fine.
    Anonymous

• because it's so processed, I gave it to all 3 of mine...
    when the cereal is cooked, that bad bacteria that can be in honey is killed off. you're just not supposed to give babies raw honey.
    Anonymous

• they have these things that are called lil' crunchies there like sofe cheese puffs he loves those
    mom_since08

Answer by mom_since08 at 12:59 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• Hmmm... Lil' crunchies... sounds good! I'll look for those. Thanks!! :)
    MamaLisa1976

Answer by MamaLisa1976 at 1:07 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• your verry welcome
    mom_since08

Answer by mom_since08 at 1:14 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• also try gerber puffs they have all kinds of flavors those melt in the mouth and they have a strawbeary kind that tatest like chereos
    mom_since08

Answer by mom_since08 at 1:44 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• It will probably be fine. I seem to remember seeing them give to my brother when he was little. But if your worred, maybe something like fruit loops. They are still flavor full. I personally don't like regular cherios. They have like no flavor . LOL
    Anonymous