How soon is too soon?

Okay I'm dating this guy now that I haven't seen for 7 mos and I dunno if I wanna bring him around my daughter like I have with my first 2 boyfriends since me and her dad broke up. I don't wanna confuse her and have her get her hopes up then we end up breaking up and he leaves. Should I bring him around my daughter or no?

Native_Mommy253

Asked by Native_Mommy253 at 12:42 PM on Feb. 9, 2009 in Relationships

• I think it depends how you bring him around your daughter. I think it's probably too soon to introduce him as mom's new man, but not too soon to have him around as a friend of the family and see how they hit it off together.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 12:47 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• Nope-keep your relationships away from her unless it becomes something serious.
    Anonymous

• I agree with riotgrrl!
    amydh

Answer by amydh at 1:01 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• No... Your post above say's "haven't seen in 7 months".. .So either that is a typo and you meant ( been seeing for 7 months) OR... ( as I am taking it)... nothing serious. So again, my answer is "no"... You shouldn't bring him around your child until things start getting serious.
    Anonymous

• Well he's in the army so I haven't seen him for awhile and I've been busy trynna find a permanenet job to support my daughter. He's been around her before but that was when we were jus friends and now we're sorda dating. Idk if its gonna be serious or not yet though.
    Native_Mommy253

Answer by Native_Mommy253 at 2:49 PM on Feb. 9, 2009