1st brith day party cake ( things that you guys did )

ok my son's brithday is comeing up and march 14 th and i am not sure what to do with the cake thing . should i have a different cake for my son or the same one ?

for my theme we are doing a monkey thing my son loves monkeys

And what are you other moms doing for you baby bday and the theme you used please?

mom_since08

Asked by mom_since08 at 12:49 PM on Feb. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My daughter loves pink so we did kind of a princess theme. We made her her own little cake for her to destroy, but you could also just cut a piece of the big one for him. Maybe you could make him his own and kind of make it a monkey head? That would be cute.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 12:51 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• DS was under the sea theme for his first and I made him a big slab cake as there were several guests. I used a sea water colour icing to be the water, crumbled teddy grahams for the sand on the bottom. Used different sized fish crackers painted with icing to form schools of fish and made a teddy graham scuba diver. It was really cool. I've since discovered I have a friend who does amazing cakes so I tell her what we want and she makes it happen! love her!
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 12:54 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• Like lilbit, I plan on having a separate cake so I can film my DD tearing it apart lol can't wait. I don't think I'm going to have a theme, its really going to be a small occasion with only close family. Gonna check back on this one though..just to see if someone changes my mind.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 1:01 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• I did pictures of my kids at birth and close to there birthdays. i had them made up at the local grocery store
    ckmom0612

Answer by ckmom0612 at 1:15 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• We did cupcakes for DS's first bday. It worked out great.
    nwdeserangel

Answer by nwdeserangel at 1:23 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• Z will be 1 on the 12! Yay March moms!! ANy who, I found a cute party set (plates, cups, balloons) called "jungle buddies"- google it, its cute for a boy or girl. Most of her toys are animal themed, as well as her bedroom, so we decided to go with animals.. I'm hoping to take one of the plates to our local supermarket's bakery and have them make a cake with similar colors... oh, and Zoe's favorite toy is a little stuffed monkey. I love monkeys!!

I also plan on making cupcakes to match. ;)
    ZoeKatsMom

Answer by ZoeKatsMom at 10:38 AM on Feb. 10, 2009