My 13 month old who is only breastfed has been throwing up the last day in a half. He seems cranky also. Is there anything I can do to help him?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:50 PM on Feb. 9, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Nurse! You want to avoid him getting too much at once and upsetting his stomach but your milk is the absolute best thing for him ESPECIALLY right now! It will keep him hydrated, give him antibodies and nutrients.

Nurse often for short periods of time.
    jaycee1124

Answer by jaycee1124 at 3:08 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• Keep nursing! It's the best thing you can do for him. Do you have a sling? I'd just hold him and rock him. Maybe a bath? That always helped my little one. I hope he feels better soon!
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 12:52 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• Is he 13 mos and EBF?
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 12:55 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• Yes he is only breastfed, he eats very little solids. I try but he just rather not eat much of anything.
    cuteasabutton78

Answer by cuteasabutton78 at 12:56 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• He might have Rotavirus. (my son had it).

Try and give him pedialite in a bottle. Being he is throwing up when he needs, he needs something to stay hydrated. But I would deff. call the ped.
    Sandii69

Answer by Sandii69 at 1:09 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• I agree with Sandi, keep him hydrated and call the doc.
    Farrahann

Answer by Farrahann at 1:12 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• Breastmilk is a considered a clear fluid. As long as you have a good supply there is no need for pedialyte.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 3:49 PM on Feb. 9, 2009