Diaper Eater...

My son took off his diaper and tore up the inside of it, the stuff that absorbs the pee. Well, I think he might have eaten some of it. I know that urine is sterile but I was wondering if eating the absorption stuff (I don't really know what its called) is dangerous? I called the pediatrician but I'm waiting for her to call me back. Has this happened to any of you?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:56 PM on Feb. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Hmm, well i don't know if it is dangerous, but if it is they seriously should think of makin them out of something else. I mean they are kids, they do things like that. They shouldn't make diapers out of something potentially harmful. My child tries to grab her diaper all the time when i m changing her. And those little hands are quick and anything they grab onto goes right to the mouth. I'm sure your little one is okay.You probably caught it in time. Good Luck
    Anonymous

• I would call poison control!
    ckmom0612

Answer by ckmom0612 at 1:13 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• yes, it is dangerous! call poison control! tell them the diaper brand ect.
    Anonymous

• Call poison control!! Diapers are full of nasty chemicals .....
    Arkaidy

Answer by Arkaidy at 10:23 PM on Feb. 9, 2009