Jury duty

I got a notice that I need to go to jury duty. So I mailed in the form to the jury duty office. I called yesterday to see if I still need to show up. But they told me I need to call a day before the date. I mailed in my form over a week ago. Still they have no answers for me.
How am I suppose to get in if I mailed the form in? I just wish that I could know before this weekend.

BOOGIETHEBOOG

Asked by BOOGIETHEBOOG at 1:51 PM on Oct. 10, 2012 in Just for Fun

• The way our system works where I live is, you have a jury number. The night before your scheduled jury date you call an 800 number and they let you know that jurors #1 - # 270 will be needed. if you are #271 you don't have to go. The number varies everyday so you really need to call in the night before. If you have a high jury number the likeliness of being called is low. But don't rely on what I say. You really need to call. It's usually after 9PM the night before.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 1:55 PM on Oct. 10, 2012

• The way they do it here, is you are given a jury # & you have to call the day before or the day off & see if your # is pulled to come down for the day. If you don't have the form w/ the # on it, then tell them. Hope if you get called you get an interesting case. :)

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 1:57 PM on Oct. 10, 2012

• I mailed it in because I was trying to get out of it. Because I will not have childcare.They said if your kids are under a cretin age mail in the form. With they reason why you can not be there.
    BOOGIETHEBOOG

Comment by BOOGIETHEBOOG (original poster) at 1:59 PM on Oct. 10, 2012

• We don't have to mail anything in, nor do we have to show proof when we get there. I guess they figure if you show up for jury duty when you don't have jury duty you're just stupid. Our forms come with a detachable tag that you wear but nobody really checks. They just call names throughout the day and if you're there you walk up and follow the leader and if you're not they call another name.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 3:29 PM on Oct. 10, 2012

• Sounds like their problem to me.
    alexteale

Answer by alexteale at 4:25 PM on Oct. 10, 2012

• wow that is crazy! one day before? what if you work? what about your children? that makes no sense.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 4:43 PM on Oct. 10, 2012

• The system. Ain't it grand.
    jdjamm

Answer by jdjamm at 1:11 AM on Oct. 12, 2012