Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What departmetn should i ask for?

Okay, i have been calling the motherhood maternity corporate office trying to figure how to take care of a check that was returned NSF about 2 weeks ago. I have been waiting to see if they were going to rerun it, but nothing has came through yet. The lady in customer service gave me another number to call. It was to the collection agency they use. But they didn't have a record of anything yet. What department at motherhood maternity should i try to get too to find out if they are going to rerun it or how long it would take to show up at the collectionplace? Would it be human resources? The lady in customer service didn't seem to know very much.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 1:39 PM on Feb. 9, 2009 in Money & Work

Answers (4)
  • Go to the store itself and tell them you wrote a bad check by accident and need to pay it. It shouldnt be in collections yet until you dont pay for so many days. If they dont have the record of it being returned (talk to the store mgr) ask them to please call you when it comes in so you can pay it off before it goes onto your credit or to collections.

    Answer by gemgem at 1:41 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

  • not human resources but I would try collections, accounts payable/receivable. Something like that. GOOD LUCK!!!

    Answer by rocamom at 1:43 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

  • I would either do what gemgem suggested or call them again and ask for accounts receivable and/or collections.

    Answer by tropicalmama at 3:27 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

  • They probably already turned you over to collections you gotta call their collections office.

    Answer by aameliaz at 3:33 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.