Why wont my son eat!

My son will be 2yrs old in march. This boy only eats chicken,ritz crackers,and snacks. Anything else he will NOT eat it. My son is skinny thank goodness hes still at the right weight. Im so fruastrated bc he wont eat. What kid do u know of that doesnt like mac n cheese or hot dogs?! I thought it was how I cooked so I bought those lil graduates meals he wont eat those either!! Help me!

Sweetiemama717

Asked by Sweetiemama717 at 1:41 PM on Feb. 9, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Oh I went through this with my daughter! She was the pickiest kid I knew!!! She wouldn't even eat mashed potatoes! We went through a few months where she ate the same things over and over...but she has gotten out of that. She is now almost 3, and is finally starting to eat a more variety of foods! I say continue to offer him foods, but make sure to have something he will eat on hand. He will eventually get better eating habits! :)
    MommytoIsabella

Answer by MommytoIsabella at 1:49 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• Oh, I so feel your pain - my now 4 year old is a difficult eater. She eats a good variety of stuff now, but at the slowest pace ever. My suggestion would be to continue to offer the foods - including things from your plate. My daughter eats sauce and spice free versions of our meals, she likes feeling like she is doing what Mommy and Daddy do. One thing that worked for us was offering her food one item at a time. She loves fruit and veggies but struggles with protein. We would do something she liked first, then the protein then something she liked. By offering one at a time she didn't get over whelmed by it. Also, she liked/likes to help cook - she eat a lot of raw veggies while I cut and cooked...might work to get him involved in meal prep. Try not to get too frustrated, just keep offering and know this too will pass.
    HAVMommy

Answer by HAVMommy at 3:15 PM on Feb. 9, 2009