Is it normal for self-esteem to go down when pregnant?

I'm only 10 weeks pregnant, and look more bloated than anything. My fiance still says I'm the most beautiful woman to him, but I don't feel pretty! I feel gross! Is this a normal thing?

alexteale

Asked by alexteale at 4:47 PM on Oct. 10, 2012 in Pregnancy

• If your self esteem is centered in your looks yes. Your body is changing and will change drastically and not in a shape you would normally like. If you are also nauseous and your clothes are not fittig well and you an't do the things you want to, you are going to feel less than.

However women who are preganant often have a glow about them and make them attractive.  Women (females) are the only creatures that can bring a life into this world. We do a special "work"  and should be proud when we are growing a child inside us.

It is somewhat normal.  But you can change how you look at yourself and see the beauty that your BF sees, if you choose to.

Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 5:29 PM on Oct. 10, 2012

• I think it's not unusual for it to vary a lot during pregnancy. Your body is changing, and that takes some adjustment. I remember feeling pretty gross when I had eight hours of nausea a day and was farting like crazy. My second trimester, I felt like the sexiest mother goddess on the planet.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 5:50 PM on Oct. 10, 2012

• I LOVED being pregnant and I couldn't wait until I had a tummy and could wear maternity clothes.
    And my boobs were big for the first time in my life!
    I felt beautiful as a pregnant lady!
    I was happy until the last few weeks when it was hard to sleep .LOL.
    lga1965

Answer by lga1965 at 8:35 PM on Oct. 10, 2012

• I'm with you on finally having boobs. lol.
    alexteale

Comment by alexteale (original poster) at 11:36 PM on Oct. 10, 2012