i want to get induced

i have a aoppment on thurday and friday already my due date and i havent had my baby yet so i want to ask my obgyn if she can induced me on firday cuz it my due date u think she will

gorda49

Asked by gorda49 at 7:35 PM on Oct. 10, 2012 in Pregnancy

• Maybe, just ask.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 7:38 PM on Oct. 10, 2012

• Ask her & request it. It would have to be scheduled so it may not be on Friday since there are preparations to be made including Insurance authorization in most cases.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 7:41 PM on Oct. 10, 2012

• it crazy cuz with my other son i had him 2weeks be for my due date and this baby just dont want to come out i wish ther was something i can do to speed up my labor
    gorda49

Comment by gorda49 (original poster) at 7:49 PM on Oct. 10, 2012

• Don't worry OP, this is all I see in your question.

Anonymous

• Due date is a guesstimate.
    It's normally off by a few days to a week (take it from someone who has had 4 inductions). With my last one I "missed" my appt. where doc would've said, "Let's induce". A week later, still no baby :(
    If doc wants to wait, wait.
    There's something very exciting about naturally going into labor that you miss with non- medically necessary induction.
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 7:58 PM on Oct. 10, 2012

• Inducing is not a good idea. Wait until you actually go into labor. Be patient.
    Man...I wanted my babies to stay in there as long as possible because they are so much easier if they are mature and nice and chubby. Babies who come early usually have feeding and sleeping problems and cry more. My third baby was 10 days late and he weighed over 8 pounds and he was the best baby ever. He was a super nurser and started sleeping all night at 8 weeks....in his crib. He was perfect!
    lga1965

Answer by lga1965 at 8:31 PM on Oct. 10, 2012

• Just curious OP, have you ever been induced before? I had to be induced both times because of medical reasons, and I can tell you it's not something that's super fun to do. It generally hurts more, and labor takes forfreakingever.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 8:50 PM on Oct. 10, 2012

• I was induced with my youngest but only when my obygn finally agreed. I was in constant pain and when it got so bad that I couldn't walk my obgyn said let's induce her.

Wait it out if you can, otherwise you need to talk to your ob because she is the only one who can help you.
    4xsthetrouble

Answer by 4xsthetrouble at 8:59 PM on Oct. 10, 2012

• Due dates, especially based off LMP and not ovulation date, are estimates that are only accurate if you have a normal 28 day cycle. And even then the 40 weeks they use came from a study that said on average babies were born 38-42 weeks from LMP. Your baby could just not be ready to be born. IMO induction should not be allowed unless there is some medical reason and mom wanting to be done is not a medical reason, meeting your 40 week due date is not a medical reason. The baby being in distress or low amniotic fluid are medical reasons. You can ask though and many OBs will do it.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 10:15 PM on Oct. 10, 2012

• having had one induced and one come naturally...natural is sooo much better! it hurts less (even w/ an epi), it's easier to push, and it quicker. 12 hour labor vs 5 hour labor for me.

and my inductions were scheduled about a month in advance b/c you're basically booking a room at the hospital. and before you say "inductionS?"...i have big babies so the dr doesnt take any chances haha.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 10:21 PM on Oct. 10, 2012