Is there a "easier" way to get rid of dog poo?

Okay, I have three dogs and I'm sure we all know what that means. I also have four kids. So seriously, I don't have time to go pick up dog poo all the time and I REALLY don't want to listen to my kids whine about it. Is there an easier way to get rid of it? Any suggestions?

jenettyshome

Asked by jenettyshome at 1:54 PM on Feb. 9, 2009 in Pets

• I asked my vet the same thing. He said to feed the dogs good dog food like from Beneful or Puria with rice in it.. the poo will dissolve fast when it rains or you water your ground.. you can also train your dogs to only poo in one spot by taking them out on leash to one spot for about a month and then after that they will keep going to the same spot.. it worked for my two dogs! Best of luck!
    mommiezombie3

Answer by mommiezombie3 at 2:37 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• I have 2 dogs and 5 kids. My dh and I put up a fence outside and the dogs stay outside and only come in at night when they are with us as a family. When they sleep they are in a dog kennel in the spare bedroom.

Answer by gemgem at 1:57 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• Cut down on the amount of dogs you have. If you have those dogs then it is your obligation to give them a good habitat free of poop, make your kids do it as a chore.
    shanny35

Answer by shanny35 at 11:42 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• Confine them to a blocked area so the kids can have a dog poo free area until you have more time to clean up poo say on the weekends. Another suggestion is, pay the kids to pick up dog poo.
    TheFriskyKitty

Answer by TheFriskyKitty at 2:36 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• We switched to a much more expensive type of dog food, I don't remember the name right now, but it's one of the premium dog foods at Petsmart. We're not really spending too much more money because the dog eats less food. The poo is more solid, and the dog poops less, so it's easier to clean up.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 3:20 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• I throw mine into the neighbors yard.
    misskimmy62

Answer by misskimmy62 at 11:07 AM on Feb. 10, 2009

• lol misskimmy!
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 8:11 PM on Feb. 10, 2009

• Misskimmy - that thought has crossed my mind because sometimes they sure deserve it. lol.

I'm going to have to look into that different dog food idea. Thanks for the advice.
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 9:40 AM on Feb. 11, 2009

• my 2 oldest pick it up durring the week and on weekends my hubbie goes out and makes sure the yard gets cleand up well Because lets face it a kids idea of clean is not the same as an adults. LOL The poo is just part of the kids chores when my younger 3 get older they will have to pick it up too it teaches responsibaily for our pets
    LCWAmommy

Answer by LCWAmommy at 4:08 PM on Feb. 11, 2009

• I just thought of something - years ago in some magazine, there were kits of some sort that you could put in your yard, that was kind of like a septic tank - we had two big dogs back then, and I almost got one but then we moved out to the country. Anyway I don't think they were expensive- might be something to check out.
    misskimmy62

Answer by misskimmy62 at 6:56 PM on Feb. 11, 2009