I'm All Out of Whack!

My husband and I decided we would try to conceive last month. I have taken birth control for about six years. I took one week and three days worth of pills in the last pack and I decided to stop taking them. I know that I should have finished them out, but I am a little impatient in nature. I have taken birth control pills for so long that I am not quite sure how regular my periods are. I had a very short period right after I stopped taking the pills. It has been five weeks since I stopped taking the birth control. No more periods. Would I need a blood test to determine if I am pregnant now or should I wait a little longer due to coming off the pills? I took a home pregnancy test and it showed negative. Thanks in advance.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:54 PM on Feb. 9, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Well I was on the Ortho Evra Patch, and they said for that, you have to wait a month after being off it to try. Its so you can get your cycle back on track. Since you just got off it..its just gunna be a lil off for awhile. If you don't get it for a long time n start to feel symptoms of being pregnant, then i would go check.
    kylie_2008

Answer by kylie_2008 at 2:16 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• It can take a little bit fro some women to regulate after stopping the pill. Ecspecially if they had taken it for a long period of time. If I were you and really feel as if you are pregnant. I would go get a blood test done. Good luck!
    SandraBeth

Answer by SandraBeth at 2:17 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• The only "symptoms" I have had could apply to either pregnancy or PMS. Are VERY tender breasts, headaches for two weeks, slight increase in hunger, slightly emotional (not nearly as much as when I usually PMS), and fatigue anything I should be concerned about as far as being pregnant? It just seems like it's too close to tell. It seems like the headaches and moodiness are the big differences to me. I typically do not have headaches with a period, but am much more moody.
    Wendy413

Answer by Wendy413 at 2:22 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• I stopped my BC in Oct. had a 3 day period and then just got it again last week. I think it just takes some time to get back to normal-I also took about 3 tests and they were all negative and then finally I started. So I would say just give it some time and wait a coupple of months and then if nothing happens and tests are still negative then contact your doctor.
    brookelynn2609

Answer by brookelynn2609 at 3:27 PM on Feb. 9, 2009