Can I be pregnant after a tubal ligation?

I have symptoms of early pregnancy but so far 2 tests are neg.

charitysp

Asked by charitysp at 1:54 PM on Feb. 9, 2009 in Pregnancy

• why don't you see a doctor
    Anonymous

• Yes you can be and you have a higher chance of it being ectopic because of the tubal. You need to see a dr asap.

Answer by gemgem at 1:55 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• u could be yes its possible
    josalin

Answer by josalin at 1:56 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• I don't believe so, but that would be embarrassing for you doctor.

pregnant belly

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 1:56 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• It's possible but the odds are very low.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 1:59 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• if the doctor didnt do it right... yup...
    but dont forget, it could also only be imagination. a womans mind can play really weird games with your body, especially if you want to get pregnant or in your case after the tubal ligation.

Everything is possible. but you should see a doctor and get a blood test done.

i wish you good luck.

m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 2:10 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• Although unlikely, it is possible.

My cousin's wife had an ectopic pregnancy not long after having her tubes tied. Another lady I know had 3 kids all under 5, had her tubes tied, and then got pregnant within months with triplets!!!

The method the surgeon used & the time that's lapsed since surgery play a role in how likely it is. If your dr just tied them off or cut/sutured them as opposed to burning or total removal ---- the liklihood is greater that you could conceive. Also... the body has a tendency to try to repair itself --- so most pregnacies that occur after a tubal happen 10+ yrs after the fact.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 2:22 PM on Feb. 9, 2009