How do I know what size nursing bra to get when I don't know how big I'm going to be?

zona1968

Asked by zona1968 at 2:03 PM on Feb. 9, 2009 in Shopping

• I bought one that didn't have underwire a couple weeks before my due date (more like a sports bra). Then about a month after delivery I went and got fitted and got some nice ones. There is no real way to know what size your breasts are going to be after your milk supply comes in and levels out.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 2:15 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• The number will stay the same; the cup will get bigger. So buy your regular size, but with a larger cup size.
    imacafemom

Answer by imacafemom at 2:16 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• i went from a 36 D to a 36 G so really you cant tell until you need it....buy a cheaper one one size bigger then you are now and then wait until you have a better understanding to buy a pricier one
    Rysana

Answer by Rysana at 2:48 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• the one i got was from motherhood maternity.. and i didnt know what size i was going to be.. but i also got a bra extender and that saved time and money when i began to use them when he finally arrived. Cause for the first couple of weeks, you dont really feel like doing much but tending to baby and yourself. For me, it worked out great cause i guessed right on my size.. it was only two cup sizes larger, and then decreased after the swelling went down...
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 2:26 PM on Feb. 10, 2009