If you had a male doctor (gyno) for the past 10 yrs.?

And after he helped you with your ups and downs with your pregnancies then after everything was said and done ( You know after the deliveries of your babies).
Now it is time to just go for your yearly exams (papsmears). Your dh decides now to change to a female doctor because my dh feels she can relate more to a woman's feelings. I understand his point but the male doctor knows my ups and downs.
I went with a female doctor just so he won't get too upset. But I don't see the point.
Personally, I liked him for my doctor. what would you have done???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:05 PM on Feb. 9, 2009 in Just for Fun

• No I would not have switched. You are the one that has to go and deal with the doctor, not your dh.
    kboney29

Answer by kboney29 at 2:07 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• Nope I wouldnt switch. It would have been my choice since it is my body.

Answer by gemgem at 2:08 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• Stay with the doctor who has 10 years worth of my files. There's a reason the medical assistant is there during the exams. It's to make sure the doctor behaves appropriately in case of a malpractice suit. You don't need to change drs. if you are comfortable with the one you have now. He went to medical school so he can relate to any issues you have even if it's not personal experience. Your hubby should chill unless there's been questionable behavior.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 2:09 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• i would not have switched
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 2:10 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• I guess through all we have been through the doctor did help us alot, and now since it is my vagina we are talking about now i guess he thinks or feels like a woman should do this.

I think he doesn't want a man looking at my stuff...I guess...

He is insecure I think.

Anonymous

• Ok, weird.

Your DH is telling you which doctor to go to?

Because he doesn't want doc to see your va-jay-jay?

Doesn't DH realize that if the doc has helped with pregnancies that ship has already sailed?

Or does DH still believe in the stork?

Anyway, IMO, very controlling behavior.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 2:15 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• Wierd. My SO knows my doctor for my baby's delivery and for my papsmears is a man. He doesn't care.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 2:20 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• For your husband to change on you about this after such along time would make me think that it is deeper than this...
    and no...I would not change my doctor..
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 2:20 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• my husband and i chose our dr's offices seperately- as long as insurance covers it why not keep the doc you like. I have a male obgyn- he delivered my brother, my sister, and both of my daughters. He will also be delivering my next child in July. My husband is not comfy with the idea of a man seeing that either but he is understanding that I am very secure and happy with my doc- so he doesn't interfere.
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 3:37 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• why is he making this choice for you?
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 3:56 PM on Feb. 9, 2009