when did your baby....

get into the crawling position? and when did they actually start crawling?... and don't they start rocking back and forth before they actually crawl?

RenaJean

Asked by RenaJean at 2:07 PM on Feb. 9, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My DD got in the crawling position about 8 1/2 months and started actually crawling at 9 months. She never did the rocking back and forth. I waited for it, but she would never do it.
    SandraBeth

Answer by SandraBeth at 2:09 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• My son didn't start crawling until 11 months. He started getting on his hands and knees a little probably around 9 or 10 months, but he never really rocked, though it is common for them to do that. He mostly got on his hands and knees to get into a sitting position, and then he'd kind-of throw himself at the couch or something and pull himself up to standing. Then he figured out he could actually get across the room if he crawled, lol.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 2:11 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• my DD will be 8mo on Sunday. She will get into the crawling position, cry, then just roll to get where she wants to go. she does the back & forth thing too. she's sorta doing a roll/army crawl. but she wont do any of it while i directly watch her haha. i had to do a hidden video type thing to know see for sure.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 2:47 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• My little guy will be 9 months on Feb. 20 and started completely crawling about 1 month ago. He was pulling himself with his arms for about a month before that. He has mastered the belly/crawling position to sitting position and the sitting position to crawling as well. He is also pulling himself up on everything. He cannot stand without holding onto anything yet but I am sure he will be doing it soon enough!!
    jmoran

Answer by jmoran at 4:05 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• Nik got into the crawling position st about 5 and a half months, he started rocking and scooting at about 6 months. Now at 7 months he's getting the hang of crawling pretty well. He gets where he wants to go.
    Cassieniccole

Answer by Cassieniccole at 5:54 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• Corben did the hand & knees at 5 1/2 months, then he 'bunny hopped' he will be 7 months tomorrow and has been crawling well for a few weeks. he has recently started pulling himself up to stand. much faster than my daughter, she didn't crawl til 8 months.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 7:25 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• My son rocked at 4 months. Army crawled at 6. Now he crawls, (though he seems to prefer army crawling). He also stand up against furniture and walks along it, and has started trying to stand on his own. (he's 8 months.)
    srenee1988

Answer by srenee1988 at 1:57 AM on Feb. 10, 2009