Can we really have unconditional love?

I was reading something and the pastor said the only love that is unconditional is the love of God and that we had humans cannot love unconditional.

Is it really possible to love anyone unconditionally?

Is loving unconditional connected to accepting everything about a person?

If someone you say you love unconditional hurt you can you still love them?

Saved_by_GOD

Asked by Saved_by_GOD at 2:16 PM on Feb. 9, 2009 in Relationships

• not unless you're a dog :p love like that is hard to come by, maybe impossible
    Anonymous

• I think most people love their kids unconditionally.................................don't you?
    amydh

Answer by amydh at 2:34 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• I believe I have unconditional love for my child! I am not sure if you can have it with your significant other, but I know that I have it for my child.
    dakotaNrye

Answer by dakotaNrye at 2:34 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• Amy, you and I answered the same thing at the same time!! I call jynx!!
    dakotaNrye

Answer by dakotaNrye at 2:35 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• for my kids yes, for everyone else, no....well maybe except for my parents...they did make me.
    chyna_doll

Answer by chyna_doll at 2:43 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• my love for my children is unconditional
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 4:17 PM on Feb. 9, 2009

• The love we have for our children is the CLOSEST thing we can experience to unconditional love, but if your child stabbed your dog, shot your husband, and then detenated a bomb inside of a children's hospital full of children, you may be thinking twice about the unconditional love you think you have for children. We aren't capable of that Agape love that we get from the Lord.
    MicahsMom612

Answer by MicahsMom612 at 9:56 PM on Feb. 9, 2009