Do you support your kid's school's spirit nights?

It drives me nuts when they want to go eat out at some of these places. Not just because the cost, but I really don't like the food they serve at some of these places. I sometimes give in because I either don't have anything to make or I feel lazy. Looks like it's the burger joint for spirit night for dinner tonight. Blahhhhh.

QuinnMae

Asked by QuinnMae at 3:12 PM on Oct. 11, 2012 in

• we have a few times, only if its a regular haunt of ours.
    what bugs the holy crap out of me is that sell they give the kids! (like other things they push on the kids, in hopes the kids will push on the parents)...9x out of 10, i already have dinner planned, and ds will hop in the car at pickup yammering about how all the his friends/families are going to Such&Such for dinner tonight...''can we go, please????''
    ugh.
    ok..maybe i exaggerate a tad..its more like 3x out of 10 i have dinner planned. lol. but still...
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 3:16 PM on Oct. 11, 2012

• It's usually at Chick-fil-a and that place is crowded all the time and its double crowded on the school nights. I do hate when they come home with reminder stickers on them too.

My kids have the same story about how vital it is we go to chick-fil-a on spirit night. Drives me crazy!

I collect box tops and that's about the extent of my fundraising for schools.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 3:32 PM on Oct. 11, 2012

• Yes, almost always. I like getting to see everybody and meet more of my kids friends parents. They let us know well in advance when/where the spirit nights are, so we plan for it.

Answer by missanc at 1:13 AM on Oct. 12, 2012

• nope, but only b/c they do EVERYTHING on Thursday nights & DH & i both have class. it kinda pisses me off that we cant be more involved.

and we usually dont have the money for all of us to go out to eat on a day or two notice.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 8:17 PM on Oct. 12, 2012

• My son plays football so yeah I support it but sometimes I have to say no just simple because money is tight at our house.
    Fairymom32

Answer by Fairymom32 at 10:17 AM on Oct. 16, 2012

• LOL, yeah, the eating establishments that hold these spirit nights usually send over a load of stickers that get placed directly on the kid's shirts as they leave their classroom before being dismissed. So, both of them hop in the car with these stickers (some as long as 6 inches long) reminding me that it's spirit night. The kids give me a guilt trip about it raising money for their school and all of their friends and teachers will be there and blah, blah, blahhh . . . . .

Tonight's is at a burger place that isn't really that bad. I just hate having to go out for dinner. I've been tired and I just don't want to deal with it. Booooo for me. I guess I'm just a spoiler. DH won't be around tonight, which is the only reason I will give in.

QuinnMae

Comment by QuinnMae (original poster) at 3:20 PM on Oct. 11, 2012