Have you ever been invited to a wedding, or invited someone to your wedding, for just 1?

I was invited to a coworker's wedding with just a reservation for 1...meaning I can't bring my husband. It's not my wedding and I know weddings cost per guest but I find this pretty awkward. Luckily there will be other coworkers that I know and get along with there so I'll have people to hang with because otherwise I would not attend a wedding alone. Is it a common thing to invite just one person to a wedding without the invitation for a guest?

maecntpntz219

Asked by maecntpntz219 at 3:13 PM on Oct. 11, 2012 in Relationships

• Update: I went with co-workers I knew were going so I wouldn't be alone, got there, found my name card and it said "(my name) & guest" LOL. The groom (my coworker) even asked where my husband was!! But I went with what I was told so whatever, plus is saved us from having to find a baby sitter lol. Really glad I did go though, it was a great night and I had a great time with my friends/coworkers many of whom came without a guest as well so it worked out.
    maecntpntz219

Comment by maecntpntz219 (original poster) at 1:46 AM on Oct. 15, 2012